Jeff Beatty is the first American to have served in all three of our nation's most elite counter-terrorism organizations -
- In the military's DELTA FORCE as an Assault Troop Commander and then the acting Operations Officer for the Unit
- As a Special Agent advising the FBI Hostage Rescue Team
- And as a CIA Counter-terrorism Center Case Officer running successful operations against Terrorists in Europe and the Middle East
After Government service Jeff formed an Anti-terrorism consulting firm and accurately predicted a Terrorist Attack on U.S. soil months in advance.
Jeff has appeared over 300 times on national media like CNN, FOX NEWS, CBS, NBC and ABC as a terrorism, Homeland Security and National Security expert.
Jeff is currently on the faculty of the University Of New Haven in National Security Studies teaching the next generation of National Security professionals
Jeff's experiences such as being wounded in action in the first "Blackhawk Down" and surviving an assassination attempt when, unarmed, Jeff was attacked by 3 armed terrorists - give him unique insights into America's ability to defeat Terrorism on the individual, organizational and national levels.
Mr. Beatty possesses unique senior executive experience in Politics, National Security, Homeland Security, Transportation Security, Anti-Terrorism and Special Operations both in government and in the private sector. The current Vice President of the United States has called upon his expertise
Mr. Beatty is currently a Practitioner in Residence at the University of New Haven, National Security Program.
He was the Republican candidate for U.S. Senator in MA in 2008 vs. John Kerry. As a security professional, he predicted the Atlanta Olympic bomb. He is the first American to have served in all three of our most elite counter-terrorism organizations. He was a Delta Force Officer (commended for saving lives in the first Blackhawk Down), a Special Agent Advising the FBI national Hostage Rescue Team and a CIA Counter-terrorism Center Case Officer in Europe and the Middle East. He has over 400 appearances on CNN, FOX and other media as a National Security expert.
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (January 2011 to September 2013). Department of the Army Civilian, GS-15. Mr. Beatty served as Director of Future Operations for the U.S. Army’s Human Terrain System. This program focuses on sociocultural research and analysis to inform a better understanding of populations by the United States Government and Armed Forces. Immediately preceding this position, Mr. Beatty was in Afghanistan for 9 months supervising a team of Human Terrain System professionals and coordinating the efforts of over 150 additional Human Terrain personnel in Afghanistan in support of the Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan.
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (1992 to 2011). International Terrorism Incident Studies, Homeland Security and Security Management Activities in the private sector.
- NATIONAL LEVEL. As founder of Total Security Services International, Inc., and a nationally recognized expert, Mr. Beatty was invited to testify before the U.S. Senate within weeks of the 9-11 attacks, by then Senator Joseph Biden. That testimony led to two Department of Homeland Security funded programs (First Observer™ and Highway Watch™) where he designed, developed and delivered training content and training management for resulting in over 500,000 personnel trained in Anti-terrorism Awareness.
- NATIONAL LEVEL. In 1996 in Atlanta, Mr. Beatty’s personal analysis resulted in the most accurate prediction of a terrorist attack known to the public when he analyzed six months in advance that the Atlanta Olympics would be successfully targeted after the fifth day with a package bomb at the Olympic Park.
- Mr. Beatty is the inventor and U.S. patent holder of SOLID SHIELD™ a passenger vehicle screening tool for detection of concealed cargo
Additional activities Mr. Beatty supported include, but are not limited to; AMTRAK, WMATA, MBTA, BART, The SUPERBOWL, The Rose Bowl and Rose Parade, The Statue of Liberty, The Olympics, The World Trade Center, The Pentagon.
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (2006-2008). Former U.S. Senate Candidate. Mr. Beatty ran unsuccessfully for U.S. House of Representatives in 2006 and U.S. Senate in 2008 against Senator John Kerry in Massachusetts
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (1985 to 1991) Mr. Beatty was recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency and served as an Operations Officer with several years service in Europe and the Middle East. Mr. Beatty performed analysis that averted a Terrorist attack against an American Official. NOTE: CIA permitted Mr. Beatty to leave in an overt status
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (1983-1985). As a Special Agent of the FBI training and advising the National Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) for their role at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Mr. Beatty was handpicked by the Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI for the possibility of a Munich type attack in Los Angeles. Mr. Beatty’s assignment was to help train the force and be the lead planner of the rescue, if necessary
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (1974-1983). Mr. Beatty is a former U.S. Army Officer (Delta Force, Infantry and Aviation units Commander and Staff Officer conducting both Army and Joint Staff Functions including Training and Doctrine Development).
- 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment –DELTA. Mr. Beatty was the B Squadron Assault Troop Commander. He trained and led his unit on numerous deployments including a Combat Operation of national importance. Mr. Beatty planned and led part of the Grenada Rescue Mission which resulted in hundreds of American Medical Students being rescued. During this operation he was in the first Blackhawk shot down behind enemy lines. He commanded the rescue and recovery of 16 wounded Delta Force and other Special Operations Soldiers. He was medically evacuated for his wounds, and 2 days later became the acting Delta Force S-3. While at Delta he had been Officer in Charge of training of the FBI’s newly formed National Hostage Rescue Team.
- During Desert Shield and Desert Storm he was recalled to Active Duty to support a SMU (Special Mission Unit) conducting global operations. There he performed Planning and Operations reviews to enhance Mission Success and integration with other DOD and OGA entities.
- NATIONAL LEVEL EXPERIENCE (1992-present part time). NBC, ABC, CNN News Terrorism Consultant. As a result of his work surrounding the Atlanta Olympics, Mr. Beatty became known to the national media. He became the NBC news (contracted) Terrorism and Security Consultant for 2 years. He was also a compensated consultant for ABC News, CNN and Discovery
- As a result of his in depth knowledge of terrorism and his respected reputation in the media, Mr. Beatty was contacted by the Department of Defense for a Special Mission immediately post 9-11 to lead dozens of Hollywood Directors, Producers and Writers (including Oliver Stone and Dick Wolf) in a working group for the purpose of trying to anticipate what attack scenarios Al Qaeda might next press home against the United States. Under his mentoring, this several week task turned from Defensive Scenarios initially to Offensive Scenarios, some of which were used successfully in the months following 9-11
- Mr. Beatty is an eloquent and effective speaker, with over 400 national and international media appearances as a Homeland Security, Terrorism, Special Operations and Security expert.
- Mr. Beatty’s Military Awards include; The Purple Heart and The Combat Infantryman Badge.
- Mr. Beatty's education includes MA (Honors) at American University, National Security Studies and a BA in Sociology from Rutgers